Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilize the Roto Brush tool, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Another way to create transparency…within After Effects is by using the rotobrush tool.…This tool attempts to automatically create a mask…by using user defined ares of inclusion and exclusion.…Here in this shot, I've got a guy running in the foreground…with some fire that we added in the background.…Take a look in the original plate,…and you'll see that there he is without fire,…we'll start to add in the fire elements,…and of course we need to bring back…our guy running in the foreground…and we'll use another layer on top to bring that back in.…And of course the letter box on top.…
So, to isolate and to create this layer two…with some transparency, we're going to use the rotobrush tool.…So now that you've seen how this is created,…let's go ahead and delete that second layer,…and we'll recreate a layer five,…we'll duplicate and rename this roto,…and bring this up in between layers one and two,…so this is now our brand new foreground layer…which we'll use the rotobrush on.…Now, to use rotobrush, let's make sure…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.