Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using video templates in Photoshop, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Inside Adobe Photoshop are several useful templates…designed to make it easier to build graphics…for HD, standard definition, and digital cinema.…To create with these, simply choose File, New.…From the preset category, you'll want to…choose Film and Video.…Here are several pop ups under size.…The first collection includes all the sizes…for standard definition video.…You'll find presets for DV as well as NTSC D1 for broadcast…which you'll notice is six pixels taller.…
You'll also find presets available for PAL,…for European delivery.…And these are both in digital video and D1,…or the traditional broadcast formats…that were used for standard definition.…Below this are high definition sizes.…The HDTV 720p preset is most useful for building…graphics at 1280 by 720.…At the bottom of that list is the HDTV 1080p preset,…which is most useful for 1920 by 1080.…
In between you'll find some other presets…that use non-square pixels.…These presets, you'll note, have different…pixel aspect ratio.…So the DVCPRO 720 pixel aspect ratio is 1.33.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.