Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using video templates in Illustrator, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- Just like how Adobe Photoshop offers templates,…you'll find a similar implementation in Adobe Illustrator.…This'll make it easy to get the correctly sized graphics.…Simply choose File New.…And then from the Profile, choose Video and Film.…You'll find a series of presets under the Size category.…Note, they're organized in a similar way to Adobe Photoshop,…although the names don't line up exactly.…For example, if I choose the HDV 1080 option,…you'll see it's 1920x1080.…
If I choose DVCPROHD,…it's also 1920x1080.…You might be wondering if there's different names,…why aren't the pixel dimensions different?…Well, that's because Adobe Illustrator…does not support non-square pixels.…You'll need to design with the full rastor,…or square pixel dimensions.…So, for example with HD,…it's really 1920x1080, or 1280x720.…So no matter which preset you pick from these HD categories,…you're either gonna end up with 1280x720 for a 720p project,…or 1920x1080 for a 1080 project.…
But these do work pretty well.…There's also presets for 2K and 4K productions,…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.