- [Instructor] We can isolate parts of a layer…by use of a mask to either hide or reveal that portion.…When we move the position scale or rotation of that layer,…we see that the masks will follow along for the ride.…Sometimes, you want to move a layer independently…of the masks that may be on it.…We can achieve that through the use of track mattes.…Track mattes are a tool that has one layer…used the layer above it as a means of…hiding or revealing that imagery.…Here in this example, I've got some numbers.…And we're just moving up, I've got two key frames.…
And what's visible here's the numbers one through five.…And if I were to go through and take my rectangle tool…and make sure that my layer is selected.…I can click and drag and create a mask.…And that mask, in this instance,…is showing only what's inside of it.…Everything else, outside of this mask, is being cut out.…But you'll notice as I scrub through that…the mask is moving along with the layer.…If I wanted to have the mask…move independently of the layer,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.