Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the text to reveal the footage, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- I've inserted text into the scene, and I've had it…pick up the reflections of the environment around it.…What I'd like to do now is now just pan onto the text,…but do a little bit of an animated reveal.…There's a couple of strategies here.…First off, one of the things you can do is…create a reveal using the footage.…So, I could simply duplicate this layer…and put it on top, above the text.…What we need to do is simply a reveal.…So there it is.…
Let's double click to load it,…and I'll take the Roto Brush tool and just paint the bus,…subtract away what I don't want, there we go.…And just step forward a few frames at a time.…So far, that looks pretty solid.…Let's pick up those little areas that were missing.…
And then it kind of falls apart because of the motion blur,…so we'll need to remove a few of those strokes.…There we go, keep going.…And at that point, it's off the screen.…Looks pretty solid.…And what I'm gonna do is…tell it to smooth that out a little bit.…
We'll reduce the chatter and feather that pretty heavily.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.