- [Instructor] In addition to animating…a text layer's conventional transform properties,…we can animate the individual characters within the layer…by adding any number of text layer animator properties.…Text animators are a unique tool in After Effects…that can help make our motion graphics more dynamic.…In this movie, we'll see why they are powerful,…and how they can open the door…to more dynamic text movement.…So here in this first example, I've got my…animation of text, it's four layers.…And really, the only animation I've got going…is the scaling of this last word.…Everything else is just popping on.…
So we have a popping on, popping on.…The shape layer's animated, of course,…but text-wise, the scaling is the only thing happening here.…So, rather than having this first line,…here is a pop on all together.…Let's go ahead and use text animators…to bring on that text more dynamically.…So, let's go ahead and select layer two,…and when we twirl that down,…you'll see here we have text,…and over to the right we have animate…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.