Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using text animation presets, part of After Effects Apprentice: 15 Creating a Sports Opening Title.
- [Instructor] Next, I want to animate this text.…You can go ahead and create your own custom text animation…if you want to, or you can apply a preset,…and then customize the preset to suit your needs.…We're going to go down that ladder path.…Now whenever you apply an animation preset,…its keyframes start at the current time.…So I'm going to set this back to the very beginning of…the composition, and then go explore my animation presets.…You can twirl it open, twirl open Presets.…Twirl open Text, and start looking…at these according to name.…Or you can take advantage of browsing…the presets inside Adobe Bridge.…
And I'll select that.…I'm in the presets folder,…I'll open up Text,…and I happen to have two different 3D Text folders.…3D Text is the one that comes with After Effects.…3D Text 2 is another set of presets available…on the Adobe exchange website for After Effects.…Since you may not have this folder,…let's go explore the 3D Text folder.…I'll double click to open it,…search selecting these different presets…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Building a 3D world
- Working with layered Illustrator files
- Synchronizing to music
- Using text animation presets
- Rendering strategies
- Working with widescreen video, including 4:3 center cut and safe area considerations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Floor
2. The Video Wall
3. The Dial
4. Creating the Main Composition
5. The Camera Move
6. Creating a Title
7. Lighting and Shadows
8. Further Polish
9. Finishing the Comps
10. Client Changes
11. Render Strategies
12. Bonus: Creating the Ring inside After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.