Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Using prerenders, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] So here's a scenario you might run into.…I've got a composition with several pre-comps,…and I'm trying to decide whether or not…I like this look or not, so I'm trying to lay out…this composition, maybe I need to move this here,…or it needs to be a different color,…or some other things that need to happen creatively,…these decisions that need to happen down the line,…but backing up, I'm not even sure if I like this widget…being a thin line or a fat line.…So to help us with our workflow,…we can speed things up by using proxies.…
You'll see here as I try to preview this…and make some changes here, it's taking a long time…to update because I'm using the 3D CINEMA 4D renderer here,…and that's fairly slow sometimes.…And I've got this thing pushed out with a lot of detail,…but to help me make my creative decisions faster,…I can make that proxy with this original pre-comp,…this 01_Widget, and so with my widget selected,…my composition selected, I'll come here…to composition, pre-render, and the idea here…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.