Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use multiple animators with text in After Effects.
- [Instructor] In this example,…I'm going to keep working with the previous text layers.…But, I'm going to remove the animator and start over.…Let's go in here and find our text layer…and locate the evaporate animator and press the delete key.…You'll see the text goes back to the defaults.…Now what I want to do is combine two animations.…So, let's set this here to start at the one second mark.…So the text has a little time before it builds on.…
And what I'm going to do is apply another animation.…So let's go to the effects panel,…we'll scroll down here and browse.…We'll jump into text and I want to do an animate in.…So, looking at this, I see a lot of choices;…words popping on, random fades up,…a fade up and a flip, or multiple lines at a time.…
When you find something you like,…just double click to apply it.…And you'll see that it is automatically added.…Now this is a good instance where…that standard definition is an issue.…So let's take a look here at the animators…and go to the first animator.…I'll press the u key and go back to the first mark here.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.