A fairly standard video graphic that you will use in almost every type of video project is a lower third. This is a graphic that helps identify the speaker. You can build this in a tool like Adobe Photoshop. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create multiple lower third designs with layer comps in Photoshop.
- As you design, you might come up…with a few different options.…Layer comps are a great way to store…alternative designs, or comps,…within one Photoshop file.…Lemme show you how.…To start, we're gonna get a few variations here.…So, let's duplicate this location line.…We'll have location one.…I'll duplicate that.…Location two ...…And duplicate it again.…
And location three.…Additionally, I wanna experiment…with some options for color.…Let's make this a little bit smaller here.…And we'll add some color variations.…I'll just click, and from the pop-up here,…choose hue/saturation.…Let's create a colorize option for red.…
We'll duplicate that ...…And make another one here for a purple.…And let's do one more.…In this case, more of an orange.…Now, you can make these variations as you see fit.…But what we're doing, is I just want you to end up…with multiple variations within a document.…
If you don't wanna create all of those,…I've also made a version that you can open up…to play with.…Now, let's store these options…each as different layer comps.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.