Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using layer comps for multiple designs, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- As you work with a layered Photoshop file,…you might have some different design options.…Maybe you need variations on a graphic with different text…or you want to experiment with colors and position.…Layer comps are really useful for this.…In this particular example, I've opened up a file…that I've already prepped a bit,…and you'll see that there's different text.…I have four different locations for our speaker,…as she's working on a news package…and traveling around to different locations.…Additionally, I have some colors,…and these color variations are coming from…the hue saturation adjustment layer with colorize selected.…
All right.…This will give us a couple of options for flexibility.…I'll choose window, layer comps,…to bring up the layer comps window.…Now it's a matter of simply storing things.…So, if I click the new layer comp icon,…I can give this a name, and I'm going to store…position, layer styles, and visibility.…Let's select that and click okay.…Now, I can switch to a new combination.…So, let's do Huntington Beach here…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.