Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of After Effects: Bouncing Animated 3D Sphere.
- [Narrator] This course chapter are named and ordered, numerically, and in each chapter, you will find several video chapters. For instance, Chapter 02 will contain three video files named Chapter 02-01, 02 and 03. For each video file, there is a matching after effects exercise file and every exercise file is named as it's matching video file. Each exercise file reflects the stage of progress that we are in at the beginning of the matching video file.
For example, if you play Chapter 02-02, and open up after effects exercise file named Chapter 02-02, the after effects file will reflect the stage of progress as seen in the beginning of the video. You can easily find the exercise files in the exercise files folder.
This is a project-based learning experience. Each step of the process is rich with object lessons that are applicable to the variations that a motion design and compositing artist will face in the real world.
- Creating a sphere
- Adding reflections and color correction
- Creating squash and stretch animation
- Expression linking a sphere's rotation properties
- Connecting a sphere to a position null
- The bounce-decay-stop expression
- Animating the position and rotation
- Animating the sphere color map
- Creating an automated shadow