Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, I highly encourage you follow along with me. Inside the Exercise Files folder, you'll find the various chapters for this course. Inside there are various source files for the After Effects projects. You might encounter one issue when you're opening up these exercise files, and that is, After Effects might list some of the footage as being missing. So here in the Chapter 00 Introduction folder, I had a relinking project, and you might see something like this.
So in order to fix this, come over here to our project window, and under Panel Group Settings, select Maximize Panel Group. And under the search bar here, go ahead and type in missing, and let's look for missing footage. And if you select that, everything that is offline will appear here. Now all we have to do is right-click on this Name column, and go to Columns, File Path. This will show you the previous file path that After Effects is looking for, and we just need to update it and give it a new one.
So, in this case, we're looking for Car.psd. So go ahead and double-click here. It will open up your file browser, and under the Assets folder of our exercise files, we can replace it with Car.psd. When we say open, After Effects should find all the other remaining missing footage items. So, with this out of the way, let's go ahead and get started.
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.