Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of After Effects Apprentice 01: CC Pre-Roll.
- This course was recorded using After Effects…Creative Cloud 2015 version 13.6.…Adobe does keep updating some details…of their applications such as After Effects,…for example, the start screen and the work space bar…are new to version 13.6.…A brand new preview scheme was introduced in 13.5,…but the subject of this course is to give you the basic…lay of the land of After Effects,…how the different UI elements relate to each other,…and what's your work flow through the program.…
Therefore, the information in this course is relevant…for several versions of After Effects,…both before and after CC 2015.…If you have access to the project files…that come with this course,…there is an After Effects project PreRollCC.aep.…All After Effects projects end in .aep,…and there is also a sources folder.…We'll be using this project for this course,…but the source materials are not very important.…You're not actually building anything in this course.…As I mentioned earlier, you're just becoming familiar…with After Effects itself, its user interface,…
If you are still using a pre–Creative Cloud version of After Effects, such as CS6, we suggest you watch After Effects Apprentice 01: CS Pre-Roll instead. There have been numerous changes to the After Effects interface, especially in the area of previewing.
- Understanding what's where in After Effects CC
- Customizing the user interface
- Importing sources, including essential settings
- Managing compositions and composition hierarchies
- Previewing work
- Rendering (and exporting) an After Effects project