Join Craig Whitaker for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of VFX Techniques: Creating a CG Flag with After Effects and Cinema 4D.
If you are a premium member of lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Here on my desktop, you can see I have a folder of all the exercise files. If we open that up, you will see that they are organized by chapter. As we scroll through, you can see After Effects projects, Cinema 4D projects, and so on and so forth. As you open each project, if you find a need to re-link items, either in Cinema 4D or After Effects, know that all of the media for the projects can be found here in the media folder.
If you are a monthly member or annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets. Let's get started.
- Collecting reference materials
- Planning and blocking out the shot
- Analyzing and tracking the footage
- Solving the tracked shot and setting up the environment
- Creating and adjusting the cloth simulation
- Texturing the flag
- Rendering passes from 3D
- Color grading, adding grain, and working with lens distortion