3D objects don’t really look three dimensional if there aren’t any lights hitting them in the scene. When the 3D object starts to pick up the colors of the scene around them, because of the light, it starts to look a lot better. Richard Harrington uses environment maps to integrate the 3D object better into the scene in Adobe After Effects.
- 3D objects don't look very 3D…if they exist without lights and while you could,…of course, shine light on a flat, dull object,…it's much more interesting when it's reflective.…When the 3D object starts to pick up the colors…and the reflections of the scenes around it,…it starts to look a lot better.…And to do this, we're gonna take advantage…of a technology called a reflection map.…In the project here, you could choose…to import some reflection maps.…You'll find a folder called Maps,…and you can select these and click open.…
Now, let's just drag those into a new folder…so they stay organized and we'll call them Maps.…And each of these is a different photo…so you see, if I double-click, a cockpit.…The Grand Canyon.…Monument Valley, et cetera.…Now, some of these are ones that I have made…using a smartphone, others come from different collections.…You'll find information about these…available in the credits.…And these are an option for changing…how the environment looks.…
So, for example, if I take the Grand Canyon one…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.