Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using environment maps, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- Let's add an environment layer to really pick up…the color of the scenes and bounce it into these surfaces.…With the text layer selected, what I need to do is…take a look here under Geometry,…and then you'll see Material Options.…In this case we need to add some reflections.…What I recommend is you duplicate the footage layer…and on this copy right-click and choose Environment Layer.…You'll now see a Globe icon next to it,…this means it's going to use this to create reflections.…
Now I could bring up the Reflection Intensity,…so it starts to reflect and pick up things from around it.…And you'll notice that very quickly this starts…to take on a metallic type look…and we're actually seeing things reflecting.…Now the challenge is technically here it's actually…taking the wrong part of the movie.…This is because what it's reflecting…is what's being seen in front of it, so it's reflecting…what's behind on the front of the surface.…So this makes it a bit tricky as you're dealing with this,…but it gives you an idea.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.