Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Using color correction to improve layer integration, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We have spent some time working with the edge quality of the spaceship to make it…better integrated, we also softened it slightly and then adjusted the color by…just reducing the opacity.…There is more room for color adjustment, however, to make it integrate even better.…In fact, I am going to pick the spaceship layer and apply three new effects.…First one is Color Balance, next one is Curves, and then we will add a new one…we haven't used before which is Hue/Saturation. Let's start with Color Balance.…Now, of course, the goal is to make it look like this was shot in the same scene as the actress.…
So I think we have too much red and not enough blue even at this point.…So what I can do is reduce the red for both the shadow midtone and highlight,…maybe increase the blue for the Highlight.…So let's enter -10 for the red, -15 for the red Midtone, -15 for the red Highlight.…So it's -10 for the Shadow, -15 for the Midtone, -15 for the Highlight.…Also, I am going to increase the blue of the highlight.…So what that has done is reduced the overall amount of red and snuck up the blue.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.