Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Trapcode Particular to add sparks to the phone reveal, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Our phone explosion is missing one last ingredient and that's sparks.…These sparks will help establish definition scale and movement of the burst of…energy created by the phone.…We are going to use Particular, an amazing third party particle generator…to create that effect.…So, here inside of After Effects, I am inside of the MMM-001 Composition and…this is where all of our compositing is coming together.…And I want to add these sparks and I want to have them come out right at the…point where the phone emerges and the explosion happens.…
In order to do this, I am going to use the effect Particular.…Now, Particular is a third-party particle system and it needs to be added to a…layer in order to be visible in the scene and now I'm going to add that to a…solid layer and the color of the solid layer doesn't matter.…So, let's make a new solid, Command or Ctrl+Y on the keyboard, and I'm going to…call this one Particular.…Now you can call it anything you want. I usually name my layer exactly what it is.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.