Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Render Elements to optimize render passes, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The Render Elements plug-in really gives us a lot of control over exactly what…passes we are going to be rendering out and bringing into After Effects.…What we want to do in this movie is to optimize our render settings, and what I…mean by that is by turning off selected elements--…for example, in the Beams Pass--the only thing we need to see are the beams…and we don't need any object buffers or anything like that along with the…beams because none of the things that have object buffers are going to be…visible in the scene.…So, we can go through our Render Settings and turn off all the things that we…don't need for that render. That will save us a lot of drive space.…
So, what I am going to do here in the file is go to the Plugins menu and go to…Render Elements, and let's start off with the Beams Pass.…And right now, the Stadium Pass is loaded, and I can tell because of this…little asterisk here.…So, I will select Beams and click the Load button.…And I will just verify it by hitting Command+R or Ctrl+R, and you can see there is my beams.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.