Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the ReelSmart Motion Blur effect, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Our work is almost done.…The last step in the compositing process is going to be to add something…called motion blur.…Motion blur is actually a visual artifact that occurs when the camera takes an…image and an object moves through the frame while the shutter is open.…It's actually a really desirable effect in a lot of cases and it adds realism,…especially to 3D images.…3D images are generated without motion blur normally and it can be very…time-consuming in a 3D render engine to add that motion blur back in.…
So there's an excellent third-party plug-in called ReelSmart Motion Blur that…allows us to add in this motion blur artifact without having to do it in the 3D…render and so it makes it much easier to adjust the intensity of it and also to…turn it off or on if we decide we don't like it.…So we're going to do that in this step.…So I'm inside of the render composition and I've got my Shake layer selected,…and I'm going to go to the Effect menu and go to the …RE:Vision Plug-ins and add ReelSmart Motion Blur.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.