Do you want to create text in a nonlinear editor like Adobe Premiere Pro? Luckily, there are a wealth of titling tools that are offered in Premiere Pro. You can create titles like a title card or even a rolling credit. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use Photoshop text in Premiere.
- Because both Photoshop and Premiere Pro are made…by the same company, there's some excellent integration.…Let me show you how easy it is to create…a new Photoshop title from right within Premiere Pro.…If you're working in a Premiere Pro project,…you have many different ways to use a Photoshop file.…To start, just choose 'file, import'…and navigate to the Photoshop document.…When you click 'import,' you have a couple of choices here.…It's gonna analyze the file and tell you what's available.…So if you choose the 'merge all' option,…it's gonna look at which layers were visible…in the Photoshop document and bring that in…as a single graphic, like you see here.…
And there is the text and the background.…Easy enough.…Let's just call this one 'Rachel.'…Now if I go to import that file again…and maybe I wanna use different layers,…in this case I'm gonna say 'merged layers,'…but I don't wanna use Rachel's name,…I wanna use Hillary's.…Now when I click 'OK,' it's gonna bring that graphic in,…and you'll see that it's still a flattened graphic,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.