Want to take your type-based motion graphics to the next level in Adobe Photoshop? This is where design techniques like distressing text and creating a logo bug come into play. What are some useful design techniques you can use right now? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use Photoshop templates.
- If you're stuck for ideas,…Adobe Photoshop offers several built-in templates…to give you some fresh starting points.…These are newer, so if you haven't used Photoshop…in a while, you might have missed them.…What you can do is choose File, New.…From the New dialog, choose the Film & Video category…and take a look at the presets here.…Now, normally, you're focusing on the top area.…But down below are templates.…If you scroll down, you'll see a wide range.…
All of these are currently free.…Now, you can search for additional paid templates…over on Adobe Stock.…But if you select one of these,…it will give you the option to work with it and open it up.…Notice here, it says that there are different options here.…Eight glass panels, three bokeh overlays, and smart objects.…Choose a different one…and you'll see some different choices.…Three bug options.…Each of these are gonna have varying designs.…
Let's choose this Event Title Graphics option.…And I'll click See Preview for a moment.…This gives you a good idea of what it looks like.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.