Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Media Encoder, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Media encoder is a companion application…to After Effects that allows us to hand off renders to it,…so that we're free to continue working in After Effects.…Media encoder also offers us file formats…that aren't available to us…in the After Effects render queue.…So, in this example,…we want to send this to the client for preview…and I want to send off web friendly videos…so that they can preview this on the plane that they're on…and we can do that through Adobe Media encoder.…So, to do that let's go ahead and select our paper airplane…in the project window and go file, export,…add to Adobe Media Encoder queue.…
Media encoder is going to launch in the background…and when it does, After Effects' composition…is going to show up in the queue.…So once it's launched, you'll see that in the queue…we have the composition from After Effects…and we have a preset here.…On the left hand side, the preset browser shows up…and we have templates and presets…for lots of different kinds of videos.…So we can output this to web video,…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.