Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Matte tools, part of Up and Running with Magic Bullet Suite.
Let's go ahead and open up the Looks Interface and we have our tractor footage here. …In this tutorial, we're going to look at the Matte Tools in the Matte section. …Now, these mimic tools that you might use on a Matte Box on a camera. …On a camera's Matte Box, there's usually slots on the top, where you could insert …Filters that will do things like change the color of the shot. …It will, maybe if you have a Neutral Density Filter, it will lower the …Exposure and sometimes these are graduated so that they might be bright on …top, dark on the bottom or vice versa. And, there's a lot of different tricks …you can do and so these tools here, mimic those effects.…
Now, let's start with Grad Exposure. I'm going to go ahead and Double Click that. …That applies Grad Exposure, which by default does nothing, but it exposes us …to this little gizmo here, that's basically Look's way of having a Gradient. …This is a really simple tool for adjusting a Gradient, very handy. …So for example, this sky looks a little grey and dull, and it's obviously a very …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.