Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Levels histogram, part of Up and Running with Magic Bullet Suite.
I mentioned before that one of the problems of using Colorista two or any …effect that you work on in the Effect Controls Panel in After Effects is that …there really aren't any scopes typically, and so you really don't know where your …levels lie. You have your eyes of course, but …sometimes those can be deceiving. So, one of the old tricks is you can …actually use the old levels effect. I'm just going to apply the levels effect …to our little horsy footage here. And I actually have processed this and we …have the histogram and it looks pretty balanced, it looks like we're blowing out …soem highlights, I can actually see that here.…
And it looks like we're maybe, crushing some shadows, probably over here, on the …right hand side. But at least now that we can see that we …have a balanced image. If I deselect Colorista two, or un-heck …it so it turns it off, we could see that our histogram updates accordingly, and …our original image, which is much more washed out, is indicated here as well. …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.