Join Maxim Jago for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Illustrator files in After Effects, part of Video Production with Creative Suite 6.
It's quite possible you'll want to work with Illustrator files in After Effects …in order to create assets that you'll incorporate into a project in Premiere Pro. …This is very easy to do. In fact, it's especially easy to do since …the release of After Effects CS6 because you can now convert an Illustrator file …into a shape layer very, very easily. I've got a version of this runner symbol …from Adobe Illustrator all set up. And this did have a glow around it, but …I've taken the glow off. Because After Effects doesn't do a …fantastic job of converting glows and semi-opaque areas of Illustrator files …into shape layers. I can, perhaps show you and example what …I mean. I'm going to toggle over to After Effects …and I'm going to import that Illustrator file.…
So, I'm just going to double-click in the Project panel. …And let's take this run a logo, no glow. And let's just open that up. …And I'm going to drag this onto the Composition button, the new Composition …button, to create a nice new comp that matches the dimensions. …
- Improving speech-to-text analysis with Story
- Organizing projects in Prelude
- Batch renaming with Bridge
- Preparing images for video in Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop files in Premiere Pro
- Round-tripping a soundtrack from Premiere Pro to Audition and back again
- Preparing content for After Effects in Premiere Pro
- Sending work from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade
- Using Dynamic Link to share sequences between Premiere Pro and Encore
- Using the Media Encoder to output from After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: An Overview of Dynamic Link and Round-Tripping
Using breakdown reports4m 56s
8. After Effects
11. Adobe Media Encoder
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.