Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Expression Controls effects, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- We've already seen how important…variables are for simplifying expressions.…Here you can see an example where I've used…a variables B and C to represent…math sine and math cosine expression.…And then I've used those letters down here…in the array to add to the sine and cosine values…to my current property file use.…And that makes this dollar sign move round the circle.…You can see it moving around the circle there quite nicely.…But, if I want to change the radius for this,…I need to go in there and adjust each of these values.…
So, it can be quite fiddly, and trial and error kind of…experimentation can become a bit of a tedious task.…If you're having to go in and edit numbers like this.…So what I'm gonna do is show you how…you can use something called Expression Controls…to make this a little bit easier,…and Expression Controls allow you…to create a kind of interface element…to control your property values via Expressions.…Let me show you how that works.…So we're going to select our layer here,…and we're going to apply an effect to it,…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations