In this exercise, explore the Dynamic Link feature in Premiere Pro and After Effects which lets those two video applications talk to each other. In fact, it lets you easily leverage each application's strengths to give you a workflow efficiency boost.
- [Instructor] The great thing about web video experiences…is they can also include an educational component…by providing the viewer with important information…or statistics about the subject.…In this exercise, we're going to go to Inglis Falls…in Owen Sound, Ontario and we're going…to show the viewer the height of the cascade.…We're gonna go from the top up here,…down to here and let them know…this is one seriously high waterfall.…We are going to do this with a callout.…
But it is going to be a bit different in that…this is a good time for you…to discover the joys of Adobe's Dynamic Link feature…in Premiere.…The really neat thing about Dynamic Link is…that it lets After Effects and Premiere talk…to each other,…thus speeding up your workflow.…You can take a Premiere project…and drop it right into After Effects…or take an After Effects file…and drop it right into Premiere.…So, let's get started.…And to get yourself started,…open the callout Premiere project found…in your chapter download.…
When the file opens you will see the video…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.