- [Narrator] I have an end pose I like.…Now I would like to animate into this end pose.…You might remember from earlier After Effects lessons,…such as the previous one on paint, puppet, and more…that the Brainstorm module inside After Effects…is a good way of creating different what-if scenarios…or different variations on a theme.…Well, Brainstorm can also work on keyframes.…This is our final end pose…so let's go to where we want our animation to stop,…and maybe two seconds.…And enable keyframing for all the parameters…we might want to animate.…
I definitely want to animate these different…repeater properties cause that's what's created…my interesting geometric shape in the first place.…And let's go ahead and do copies and offset as well.…Zig zag size may be fun, but I don't think…I want to animate ridges per segment.…Any parameter that causes sudden jumps in my shape…when I scrub it will create sudden jumps…if I animate that parameter.…So in this case, I'm going to leave that alone…and not animate it.…However, for the rectangle itself,…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Drawing parametric shapes and pen paths
- Creating multiple shape groups
- Exploring Wiggle Paths and the Wiggle Transform effect
- Defining gradient fills
- Creating a swarm
- Blending multiple shapes into a texture
- Crafting and animating dotted and dashed lines
- Combining effects, layer styles, expressions, and the Brainstorm tool with shape layers
- Showing tips for stylizing sidebars
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Drawing Shapes
2. Multiple Shape Paths
Creating compound paths8m 14s
3. Shape Effects
4. Crosshair Exercise
5. Abstract Texture Exercise
6. Map Path Exercise
7. Animated Logo Exercise
8. Ray-Traced 3D and Shapes (CS6 only)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.