Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Ambient Occlusion glow to create an energy animation, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Just before our phone reveals in the animation we want to create the effect…and the impression on the user that the pistons are pumping energy into the platform.…In order to do that we need to create a reveal on these pistons that's a little…bit different than the reveal that we used for the stadium effect.…And so we've already got our reveal layer, but what we need to do is adjust the…keyframes and tweak it just a little bit to get the effect we're looking for.…So what I am going to do is go to the Glow Reveal that's on the Stadium_ao PRE layer.…I am going to select that layer and then hit U on the keyboard to bring up the keyframes.…
And then I am going to solo out the Stadium_ao PRE.…That's going to give me much better feedback when I am scrubbing through this animation.…And so I am going to back up in time to about here and just before the phone…reveals, that's where I want the piston energy to peak, just before the phone…comes out of the platform.…But I can't see that energy and that's because of how the Glow Reveal is working.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.