In this video, explore some tips and tricks to enhance and simplify rigging, including third-party tools.
- [Instructor] So far in this chapter, … we've examined a few ways that we can start … to rig our characters, including using the Puppet tool, … setting up expressions, and parenting. … In this movie, we'll look at some additional tools … that can be useful during the rigging process. … In this example I have my rabbit, … and you can see that if I zoom in, … we have two layers here for his ears … that are calling out to be animated. … We just want to have these guys flap in the wind. … So I'll solo this top ear, … and while we can certainly use puppet tools … we can alternatively use an effect called CC Bend It … With my ear selected, I'll come over here to Effect … and go down to Distort, and CC Bend It, … we can add this to our effect. … Right off the bat we have some unwanted cropping going on, … and this is due to the start and end point … inside the effect not encompassing the entire layer. … And so typically, what I like to do … is turn off the effect at first. … At the moment, the two points are right here …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.