Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Use prerenders, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- So, here's a scenario you might run into.…I've got a composition with several pre-comps…and I'm trying to decide whether or not I like…this look or not.…So I'm trying to lay out this composition.…Maybe I need to move this here or…it needs to be a different color…or some other things that need to happen creatively.…These decisions that need to happen down the line.…But backing up, I'm not even sure if I like this…widget being a thin line or a fat line.…So, to help us with our work flow,…we can speed things up by using proxies.…You'll see here as I try to preview this…and make some changes here, it's taking a long time…to update because I'm using the 3D, cinema 4D renderer here…and that's farely slow sometimes.…
And I've got this thing pushed out with a lot of detail.…But to help me make my creative decisions faster,…I can make that proxy with this original pre-comp,…this 01 widget.…And so, with my widget selected, my composition selected,…I'll come here to composition, pre-render.…And the idea here is that we'll use a…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.