Determining how a property's values change over time is done in the graph editor. The speed graph focuses on how fast or slow a property changes between keyframes.
- [Instructor] The way a property changes value over time … can have a huge influence on an animation's personality. … This is known as interpolation, … or anywhere in between. … inside the graph editor, to adjust our easing. … In this example I've got two versions of the same animation. … The only difference between these two … is the interpolation between the keyframes. … And when I play this back you can see it's almost … like she's gliding into place, there's not really much, … there is acceleration, you can see the scooter move forward, … but it also looks like it's hitting this invisible wall … when it does, so let's contrast that with … the second version, and if I turn off this … And here, this second version seems to have a … I'll turn this back on and switch my mode … from normal to difference. … there's minimal difference here at the start, … here at the extend pose, again at the ground contact pose. … The max push is a little bit different, but the values … for the keyframes are all the same. …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.