In this video, assets in the 3D scene are replaced with improved versions.
- [Instructor] Now let's see how to replace files…that you have inside the project.…And there's a couple of different ways of doing it.…I'll show you how.…So up 'til now we've been using…this ground plane for the road,…but I thought it might be a nice modification…just to give a bit of a curve to it,…because it's pretty flat.…I'll show you in a minute.…You can see in the 3D scene that we made earlier…that the level ground looks very artificial.…It looks like something that we have…brought in from Photoshop,…so obviously we'd like to fix that.…
And the other change that I've made…is a new piece of artwork…that has a little brick texture.…And this is a very mild example…of the kind of upgrade that you might make…You could really go to town…and apply realistic textures to these objects…and make them look quite real in some cases.…So let's take a look now in aftereffects.…So one way of doing the uptake will be…to simply do a replacement in the library.…Before I do that, let me just hide,…and I'm gonna hide the lights too…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.