Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Uninterrupted preview, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- The big, seismic change underneath the hood…in After Effects CC 2015…is that the User Interface processing thread…has been separated from the thread…that does the actual rendering…of the image you see in the Comp panel.…That means you can now do things…such as edit your compositions…while Preview keeps playing.…After Effects will render your changes…as fast as it can in the background…without having to stop your Preview…or pause while you scrub or parameter.…Adobe refers to this as Uninterrupted Preview.…
Let's see it in action.…I start a Preview with this composition.…You see I'm already up to playing…pretty close to real time, there we go,…before I've even cached the entire comp.…Let's say I want to use one of my favorite old tricks,…which I call Artificial Lighting,…where I add another layer on top of this footage.…This is a case where,…since she moves a lot from frame to frame,…I really do want to see the effects…while the Preview is playing back.…So I'm going to grab my LIghting layer…in my Project panel…and drag it on top of this other layer inside my Comp.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.