Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Unified preview, part of After Effects: 2015 Creative Cloud Updates.
- The concept of previewing has changed dramatically…in After Effects CC 2015.…In this movie I'm going to discuss…and demonstrate the mechanics of what's changed…and in the next movie I'll show you some of the implications…of the new things you could do…that you could not do before.…Now for one there's no longer a concept…of a RAM preview.…You notice that the RAM preview button is missing now,…there's just a Play button in the Preview panel.…That's because you no longer need to fully cache…your Work Area or your composition…before you start enjoying maybe even a real time preview.…
For example I have a fairly simple composition here…with a video layer and an audio layer.…If I press 0 on the numerical keypad…I get similar behavior to what I did before,…but with a couple changes.…I'll hit 0, (upbeat music)…one thing you'll notice is that audio…has started playing back before I looped…through the composition one time.…If After Effects can process and cache your composition…fast enough it will start audio playback.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.