Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding keyframe Interpolations, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] If you've used your phone's navigation app…to help you find your way,…you know that a lot can happen between…point A to point B.…Likewise, a lot can happen between…only two keyframes.…Keyframes are the lifeblood of animation.…Without them, there would be no movement,…no change over time.…Changing the property over time…is essentially what animation is,…but in order to understand how an animation behaves…and what gives it its personality and motion,…we need to understand the how and why…of keyframe interpolations.…So for this movie, I'd just like for you to watch.…There's not really much to follow along with.…
I'd just like for you to take in what's going on here…and in this example, I've got a layer…that's just moving across…in a linear fashion, there's nothing really…magical going on here, it's just two keyframes.…Let's click on position.…Now we notice that there's these little dots in between.…So we have keyframes that we have set ourselves…and we said, "Alright, After Effects,…"at the very beginning of our composition,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.