Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the MB Looks workflow, part of Up and Running with Magic Bullet Suite.
Magic Bullet Looks is a plugin designed to improve the look of your footage. …Before we dig in and get into the specifics, I want to give you here just a …little overview of the general workflow in Looks, so that as we discuss the …individual parts, you see where they fit. So, I'm going to apply Looks to my …footage, we're here, in Adobe After Effects, and I'm going to go over to the …Effect controls panel and click the Edit button, that's how, in After Effects, we …get to this window. We see our footage here, and there's a …bunch of stuff going on, around this screen.…
Basically, here's the way that Looks thinks, we can change some of the basic …components of this shot. At least that's the, the paradigm that …looks uses. So, in other words, we can change things …about the subject. We can go to the tools on the right side. …Just have your mouse over the Tools on the right side. …If you're skilled with your mouse, you could even just kind of put it right …there on the edge. I have a harder time getting that to work. …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.