Not only can Adobe Photoshop work with photos and text, it also has the ability to work with and create 3D objects. How do you design 3D type in Photoshop? What tools are available to you? In this video, join Richard Harrington as he demonstrates how to transform 3D objects, like 3D text, in Photoshop.
- Photoshop supports the use of 3D objects…within its canvas.…Now, there are many formats that it supports,…and these are widely available on the web,…or you can create models using a 3D modeling tool.…To add them, just access the layer menu.…To add a 3D layer, just choose 3D…and then say new 3D layer from file.…You can navigate to different objects.…And when you click on open and okay,…it'll drop it within the scene.…
Now, you'll see those different objects appear over here…in the 3D panel.…There's the arrow for example.…And that can be easily rotated…and positioned as desired.…Let's go ahead and undo that though for a moment.…I'll just go to layers here and throw that one away.…And I'm gonna try the other arrow.…New 3D layer from file.…And let's drop in this other one.…
I like that.…What I can easily do is start to adjust that.…If we select it in the 3D panel here,…it's easy to choose the object.…And you see that there's even great presets here…that can change how it's modeled…or stylized with textures and other overlays…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.