Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Transforming 3D objects, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- Besides working with text in Photoshop,…you can insert basic 3D objects.…There is a wide range of file types supported…and Photoshop also makes it easy to browse for content.…Under the 3D menu, you'll find the ability…to actually get more content.…Choosing this will launch a web page,…taking you to Photoshop.com.…And here, you'll find all sorts of options,…including things like models and meshes,…some of these are for free, some of them cost money.…The ability to get stages to add lights and environments,…as well as free materials and image based lights.…
We'll take a look at image based lights later,…but you'll see here under materials,…that you can actually download those…and these additional materials can…become loaded and used with your meshes.…Let's pull that down really quick and install it.…There it is.…The Adobe extensions manager launches,…and it installs the extension.…If this is the first time you've used it…or it's recently updated, you'll need to click accept.…There we go.…And I'll confirm it.…
And here's additional presets being added in to Photoshop.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.