Want to take advantage of an advanced technique that is actually easier than expected to pull off inside of Adobe After Effects? This technique is tracking text with the 3D camera tracker. What do you need to do to track text in your scene? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to do just that in After Effects.
- Let's look at a pretty cool technique…that's relatively advanced but made a lot easier…by the tools built into Adobe After Effects.…And that is the ability to track the motion of a camera,…and then insert type into a scene.…This uses a cool piece of technology called Camera Tracking,…and it allows you to evaluate footage…and actually create a virtual camera…that recreates the movement of the real world camera.…This virtual camera can then interact with typography…or other elements that you add into the shot.…
And it's a very popular technique.…Let's take a lot at our footage here.…It's a time lapse shot, shot by my friend Keith Kischker,…when we were working on our motion time lapse series…available here in the online library.…And what I see is a nice panning time lapse…that reveals a scene.…So this is clearly a pan,…and we have some time lapse action happening,…and what I wanna do is have After Effects…analyze the speed of that pan…and see if it can come up with a 3D camera to match.…
Now, in this case, the camera tracker effect…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.