Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking text with the 3D camera tracker, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- After Effects offers many advanced…options for performing 3D typography.…Let's explore a few different techniques.…This by no means is a complete course,…but this is going to give you an idea…of some of the capacities of After Effects…and perhaps encourage you to check…out some of the other deep dive…training available here on lynda.com.…To start I'm going to take a shot made by Keith Kiska.…You can actually learn how the shot…was made in this course here on lynda.com…called "Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie…"with the Camera in Motion."…What I have here is a panning shot.…
In order to track this, I've placed it into a New Comp.…You can do that by just dragging it on the New Comp icon.…Next, out of the window menu make…sure the Tracker panel is visible.…Highlight the footage and click Track Camera.…Before this runs you're going to need to make a few changes.…Because the shot is so difficult,…I'm going to specify a few things about it.…For example I know this is a tripod pan so I'll cancel this.…I also want it to perform a detailed analysis.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.