Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking rectangular elements with the Perspective corner pin option, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We're ready to move on to Project 4.…In Project 4 we're going to apply motion tracking in a different form.…It's going to be Corner Pin tracking.…Corner Pin Motion tracking is great whenever you have to track a rectangular or a square feature.…For example, you might track the corners of a billboard or a poster or a window or…a screen, anything that's rectangular.…After you track, you can then apply new artwork or new footage to that rectangular area.…In fact, in Project 4 we're going to replace the screen of a futuristic PDA…device, so let's get started.…
Let me go to File > Import > File and pull in that original footage, features an actress.…This is called shot4 in the Footage folder, so I'll bring that in…as an image sequence.…I am going to pull that down into the timeline and create a new composition.…Let's play it back and see what it looks like.…So you see this features a PDA, has a screen, that screen is blank.…We're going to put in new artwork in there, in fact, we have an animation that…was pre-done we will put in this area.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.