- [Instructor] As editors,…we sometimes encounter parts of our footage…that need to be affected or obscured.…And we can isolate these areas by using masks.…We previously saw that we could animate masks…and while they are relatively simple…to set up on static images or shots,…animating a mask to move with a piece of footage…can be a bit more cumbersome.…In this movie, we'll take a look at how…to simplify this a bit by tracking a mask.…So, here's a common scenario…you might run into as an editor.…You have a piece of footage that, in the shot,…you've got a logo or something that you can't show,…that you don't have the clearance to show,…and you need to obscure it somehow.…
And so, what a typical workflow for this…might be to blur it or add a mosaic effect to it.…Here, we can do that by adding a mask and tracking it.…So you might do it by hand.…You might think that oh, that's a whole tedious process.…Let's create a mask and track it by hand.…But fortunately, After Effects has a means for us…to be able to do this more or less automatically.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.