Join Mark Christiansen for an in-depth discussion in this video Track a plane with mocha AE, part of After Effects Compositing: 6 Tracking and Stabilization.
- Getting back to the scene we've been looking at…throughout the course, the parasol that flies through…the end of the scene covering up the guys…we're rotoing out here, looks like an excellent candidate…for planar tracking with mocha AE.…Let's look at why that is and how to put it into play here.…So if you think of mocha AE or mocha at all,…you probably think of tracking a screen for replacement.…And in fact there's an entire course you can do…on screen replacement with mocha AE.…
I'm covering mocha AE in one lesson here,…so I'm going to just show you a really straightforward way…to do something that no other tracking tools…within After Effects could do with this shot.…So the umbrella is a plane, even though…it's not a flat screen.…It's a curved surface but it does maintain a consistent…characteristic that we can track with mocha.…Let me just show you how that works.…There's only one way to get into mocha AE…and that's by choosing Track in mocha AE…with the source layer selected from the Animation menu.…
So now mocha has opened in the background.…
Here, Mark Christiansen shows how to use the five different After Effects trackers, customizing them to work best in the situations that motion graphics artists encounter most often. He covers the fundamentals, as well as opportunities to think outside the box, especially when an automated approach won't work.
- Why point track?
- Recognizing trackable points
- Offsetting a tracker
- Applying the track to a matte
- Using nulls and third-party scripts to create track mattes
- Tracking and stabilizing objects and planes
- Automated tracking
- Applying 3D tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
1. Why Point Track?
2. Complex Motion Tracking
3. Adding Tracking Tools
4. Tracking and Stabilizing Objects and Planes
5. Working with Automated Tracking for VFX
Apply a 3D track4m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.