Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Track masks in Motion, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Since the task of creating transparency…is often a long process when we manually key frame masks,…we can look to automated means…to help us speed up our workflow in After Effects.…In this shot I have a robot who's revealing his true nature…and this is comprised of several different elements.…Let's go ahead and take a look at how this was built.…So from the ground up,…I have the inside portion of this robot's head.…On top of that I have a face.…On top of that I have this original plate…of the actor and his face and it's actually cut out.…
There's transparency here that reveals the robot face.…So it's this that we're going to be tackling.…But you'll see that as we put this on top of…our robot face, we have a 3D layer.…This is a cinema 4D layer…that is essentially just the face itself being pulled off.…On top of that we have two layers for the hands,…the index finger, and the thumb there.…So altogether it creates this illusion that we have…a robot peeling off his face to reveal his insides.…Let's take a look at layer six.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.