Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Text templates vs. Essential Graphics, part of After Effects Guru: Templates for Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- [Instructor] So, if you downloaded the latest version…of After Effects as well as Premiere Pro,…and followed along in Chapter 1_1,…you may have noticed when you went to the File menu…with a composition selected,…that if you go to Export the option to now…make your composition as a text template is no longer there,…and might think that I am a liar.…But that is not the case.…What's happened is there's a even better way to work…as of the last release of After Effects CC,…and something called the Essential Graphics panel.…
So, you'll see this is the same animation…here in the Chapter 1_6 composition…as what we used in Chapter 1_1.…And now, if we wanted to have this as a text template…available to us inside of Premiere Pro,…we're going to do a slightly different work flow.…And one way to do that is to just simply…select your template, I'm going to just ctrl + click it.…And from here I'm going to open it in this new panel…called the Essential Graphics.…When it loads in you'll see here…that right now just because the beginning of my composition…
This course was created by RHED Pixel. We're honored to host this content in our library.
- Modifying AE text templates in Premiere
- Adding shapes and expressions to the text animation
- Understanding composition structure
- Modifying text and replacing visible graphics
- Adjusting global controls
- Breaking down your template idea
- Building a photo mosaic
- Creating basic animation
- Adding a camera to the animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/26/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover text templates vs. Essential Graphics, building a template through Essential Graphics, adding supported properties to the Essential Graphics panel, and viewing the motion graphics template in Premiere Pro.