Join Ian Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Staying organized, part of After Effects CS6 Essential Training.
If you're at all like me, being creative doesn't always directly translate into…being the most organized person.…In fact, some of the most talented artists I know have to constantly battle…organization on a daily basis.…Well I'm here to tell you that if I can become organized, any of you can become…organized, especially when it comes to working with Adobe After Effects.…Now if you navigate in your Exercise Files folder, under Ch_01, you should see this folder;…this 01_10_Project_Template folder.…
This is named this just for this individual course.…But I wanted to show you how I typically organize folders based on my…workflow in motion graphics.…Now what you name these individual folders will kind of be customized based on…your individual workflow, but I want to show you how I organize things and the…theory, why I organize things.…So first thing, After Effects by itself references external files.…
So while you can create a lot of things within After Effects, like text, and…gradients, and shapes, and all kinds of fun new 3D things in CS6, well also…
- Setting up the workspace, important preferences, and the cache
- Importing footage and comps
- Relinking missing footage
- Creating type, shape layers, and masks
- Rotoscoping with the Roto Brush
- Adjusting keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Timing animations to audio
- Building backgrounds with effects
- Rendering with the Render Queue and Adobe Media Encoder
- Animating 3D type
- Smoothing shaky footage and retouching footage
- Keying green screen footage
- Working with 3D: extruding shapes, adding ray-traced lighting, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe After Effects
What is After Effects?1m 8s
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Compositions
3. Building and Designing with Layers
4. Animation 101
5. Using Effects to Modify Layers
6. Jumping into 3D
7. Exporting and Rendering
8. Going in Depth with Type and Shapes
9. Video in Depth
10. Project: Keying Green Screen Footage
11. Integrating External Projects
Importing Illustrator files4m 25s
12. Project: Tracking and Advanced 3D
What's next1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.