Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Start Screen, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- One of the first things you'll notice…in the new version of After Effects is a brand new…start screen and some of the functionality has changed.…Along the bottom, you'll see Adobe offering some…of their various services, including the brand new…Adobe stock footage, which you can buy,…Behance, apps, and also additional training.…I am running a pre-release version of the software,…so these are just placeholder graphics,…normally this is quite colorful, actually,…and quite interesting.…I'll go back.…Your options are now opening a project,…starting a brand new project,…or looking among your recent projects,…and you'll have the list down here in the middle.…
It's a lot more prominent than it was before.…Other options in the start screen include…the ability to pre-load a library.…Perhaps you received some assets from a client,…and also to synchronize your settings,…including the ability to sync your settings,…enable your preferences with a different…Creative Cloud user.…You'd also go directly to your Creative Cloud account,…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.